Nominations are now open for the “Carbohydrate Research Award for Creativity in Carbohydrate Chemistry”
This Award was established in 2001 by the Editors and Publisher of Carbohydrate Research and consists of a cheque and a certificate. The Award is presented to a carbohydrate scientist, no more than 15 years past the PhD*, who has made significant original contributions to the field, in its broadest sense.
For the selection of the awardee we will proceed as follows:
- Publisher call for nominations (deadline 12th September)
- Publisher invites board members to vote (By mid October).
- Editors and publishers discuss outcome and select awardee.
- Winner and board are informed
- Award ceremony at EUROCARB 2023 (Paris, July 2023)
Nominations should be sent to Lisa Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 12th September 2022 containing:
- Name, website and e-mail address of nominee, year PhD received
- CV of nominee
- Short description why they should be considered for the award (less than 500 words).
- The award is given to a person no more than 15 years past the PhD*, but we will include those researchers who have taken a career break.
* This competition is open to researchers who have completed a maximum of fifteen years full time research after receiving their PhD. Nominations for researchers who work part time should state that they work part time and ensure that the full-time equivalent of their active research after PhD does not exceed fifteen years. Nominations for researchers who have taken career breaks should indicate in their cover letter the dates of any career breaks were taken. So when nominating someone, please consider these conditions.
Nominations should be made for an individual, not a group, since the voting will determine which nominee receives most support. Please feel free to circulate this call for nominations to collect more nominations.